Director of Studies / English Teacher
We are seeking an outstanding English teacher with strong administrative skills.
The director of studies oversees the academic program—including curriculum development, professional development for teachers, and communication with sending schools about academic life. Other important responsibilities include the following:
- Teach two sections of English;
- Manage a small dormitory;
- Mentor three advisees;
- Help out on the farm two afternoons a week;
- Manage hiring and lead faculty meetings;
- Build the semester calendar; and
- Assist the director in strategic planning.
The successful candidate will…
To apply for this position, send your resume, a concise statement of interest in this particular position, and a list of three references to email@example.com or Trudy Amber-Dowlin, 151 Mountain School Rd, Vershire VT 05079.
- love working with teenagers;
- write and speak well;
- have good instincts for hiring, mentoring, and managing details;
- show energy for admissions;
- have a sense of humor;
- understand curriculum in a broad range of subject areas; and
- demonstrate successful experience as a teacher, a leader, and as a member of a residential school.
We are accepting new applications through early February, and making the appointment by mid March.
Room, board, salary, medical and retirement benefits are included.