Mountain School tuition matches that of Milton Academy. For Fall 2019 and Spring 2020, tuition for the semester is $30,960. (Fall 2020/Spring 2021 tuition will be announced February 2020). Students applying from a non-sponsor independent school should check with their school to be certain that tuition will be prorated.

Students also establish an incidental account to cover the cost of books, entertainment, and miscellaneous expenses. We require that our students be covered by some type of health insurance as well.

Financial Aid
We continue to be need-blind in our admissions decisions, and we encourage those who are in need of aid to apply for financial assistance. To estimate a family's ability to pay, the Mountain School relies on a system developed by the School and Student Services (SSS), which is owned by the National Association of Independent Schools. We provide all of the financial help that a family qualifies for based on the SSS formula. Our financial awards are direct grants that do not need to be repaid. Some sponsoring schools continue the existing financial aid commitment to their students attending the Mountain School.

To apply for financial aid
1. Check that you are interested in financial aid when prompted on the Mountain School application.

2. Complete the online financial aid application or PFS (Parents' Financial Statement) here. In the Select Subscriber Schools section, choose "The Mountain School of Milton Academy", code 3537. The cost is $51. Families will not be charged the application fee until the PFS is complete and the fee will be waived if responses show extreme financial hardship.

3. Submit a completed copy of your 2019 federal tax return including all schedules, W-2, and 1099 forms. Please submit these online if possible, or mail to the Mountain School. In exceptional cases, we will accept other forms of financial documentation. Please email our Director of Financial Aid, Sue Kruse, to discuss.

Materials should be submitted by Monday, March 2, 2020. Financial aid grants are typically mailed in April.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should I do if my parents are divorced?
A. In the case of divorce or separation, both parents complete financial statements to provide an accurate picture of family resources.

Q. What if I have already filed the online version of the PFS for another school?
A. Please add The Mountain School of Milton Academy (school code 3537) to the list of schools selected to receive your financial information. From your PFS Online Dashboard, click “Need to Make a Change to your PFS or Add a School?” and follow the instructions. You must also submit your tax return, W-2, and/or 1099 forms online if possible, or mail them to the Mountain School.