Personally Identifiable Information
We define Personally Identifiable Information, or (“PII”) as certain information such as name, date of birth, Social Security number, phone number, email address, physical address, bank account information, credit card information, or any combination of information, which could be used to identify you, if you choose to provide it to the Website.
What information do we collect?
Through your use of this Website, we may collect the following types of information:
· Information you provide to us: Depending on how you use the Website, we may ask you for information that can include PII. Whenever you use the Website to request admissions information, make a gift or donation to Mountain School, register for an event, sign up for a service such as the alumni directory, or register your child at Milton Academy through the my.milton.edu portal, certain information, including PII, may be requested. This information is used to obtain payment, to fulfill your request, or to enter your child’s information into our system.
· Information gathered automatically: We and our third-party vendors may collect certain information regarding your use of the Website, such as your IP address and browser type. Your session and the pages you visit on the Website may be tracked, but you will remain anonymous. We may use your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing the Website. Because the IP address is device-specific, it is not, in and of itself, PII. We connect data from different systems but do not link IP addresses to any personal information unless required to do so by law.
What do we use the information for?
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide services and information to you. We may use information that you provide about yourself to fulfill request for programs and services, to respond to inquiries about our offerings, and to assist you in enrolling and managing your student’s experience at The Mountain School.
We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email addresses for commercial purposes without your permission.
We may provide your information to third parties in circumstances where we believe that doing so is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect our rights and safety and the rights and safety of our users or others.
Disclosure of PII
The Mountain School may disclose PII to respond to legal requirements and enforce our School rules and policies. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share PII with:
· Agents, contractors and/or service providers for The Mountain School who assist with our operations (e.g., the service provider that handles fulfillment of credit card transactions made via the The Mountain School Website);
· Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to an investigation or alleged illegal activity;
· Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
· Third parties as requested or authorized by you (or your parent or guardian if you are a minor).
The Mountain School Website has no intention of collecting any PII from individuals under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. Where appropriate, we will specifically instruct those under the age of 13 not to submit such information on our Website and/or will take reasonable steps to ensure parental consent to such submissions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You may not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
The Mountain School is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
151 Mountain School Rd
Vershire VT 05079